Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Peer Review Recap 3

For our third essay, Understanding Comics, we were able to use Google Docs to peer review with our classmates. This was something I was definitley excited about, because I hated using Wiki! There were issues that I had that were different than the first time I used Google Docs.

This time around, we had to count off to get into groups, we weren't able to pick who we wanted to peer review. This wasn't a big deal, but the only set back was that my group was really small, only 3 of us, compared to other peoples 4 or maybe 5 people. I wanted to get a lot of review this time around, seeing as though the last essay with Wiki, I wasn't able to get much review at all.

I still feel the same towards Google Docs, I really like using this tool to review. I think it's cool the way we are able to read the same paper, with new reviews from our peers. The only issue I had was in class submitting my paper, it wouldn't accept it for some weird reason, but never gives me a problem at home (I think its the Mac Computers). So far, I only recieved reviews from one person in my group, and am hoping for the other to respond to my annoying emails. This seems a little unfair, because I know a lot of people that are getting 3 or 4 reviews, this is the only thing I hate about this process.

After reviewing a few of my classmates blogs, I think it's safe to say that most of us prefer Google Docs. The majority of us believe it's easier, and serves the purpose of peer review much better. There were a lot of the same complaints as mine, the kind of feedback that was given was either minimal or useless. In my opinion, I would prefer editing on paper.

No comments: